The Turkish higher education system has seen significant development in recent years, with many turkish universities being globally ranked. This has made Turkey an attractive destination for international students, including Jordanians. In this article, we will discuss studying in Turkey for Jordanians. Turkey is a preferred destination for Jordanians due to its strong international relations and the ease of travel, tourism, entry, and obtaining residence permits for studying and working in Turkey.
Benefits of studying in Turkey for Jordanians:
Several reasons encourage Jordanians to study in Turkey, including:
- Turkish universities excel academically, have advanced educational systems, and are equipped with the latest equipment and technological tools.
- Many Turkish universities offer internationally recognized degrees that are accepted in Jordan.
- Turkish universities offer a variety of academic programs in English.
- The cost of studying and living in Turkey is reasonable compared to other European countries.
- Turkey has a unique location, numerous historical sites, and stunning natural landscapes.
Studying in Turkey for Jordanians at private universities:
Jordanians can study in Turkey and obtain a bachelor’s degree through private Turkish universities. Private Turkish universities offer outstanding academic programs at a reasonable cost and do not require complex admission tests or conditions. However, applicants must submit their Jordanian high school diploma and a language proficiency certificate according to their chosen field of study.
Requirements for studying in Turkey for Jordanians (at private universities):
Jordanian students who wish to study at private universities in Turkey should select the suitable university and desired significant in addition to filling out the university’s application form and submitting the required documents, which typically include:
- Jordanian high school diploma.
- Language proficiency certificate (depending on the chosen major). Students must take a language proficiency test if they do not possess a language proficiency certificate. If they cannot achieve the required score on the test, they must attend the preparatory language year offered by Turkish universities.
Regarding the master’s degree stage, applicants must also submit their bachelor’s degree certificate and an academic transcript. For the doctoral stage, applicants should submit their master’s degree certificate and pass the university admission test.
Cost of studying in Turkey (at private universities):
The tuition fees for studying in Turkey at private universities vary depending on the significant and academic level. Here are some examples:
- Bachelor’s degree programs in English start at $2,500 annually (learn more about tuition fees for different majors).
- Postgraduate programs in English vary in cost depending on the major, starting from $2,000 for the program.
- Diploma programs in English start from $1,500 annually.
- For more details on the cost of studying in Turkey, you can read about the tuition fees and living expenses for students in Turkey.